If your business hasn’t changed Directors, transferred shares etc. in the year, the annual return is relatively easy to complete and will cost £13 – which can be paid by credit card or PayPal.
We would recommend completing this online via Webfiling, Companies House are keen to promote the use of their online portal to cut down the amount of paperwork and become more efficient therefore although you can complete the Annual Return by Post, the fee increases to £40.
If you want to file the return using Webfiling and have not yet registered, make sure you give yourself enough time, as you need to complete a registration form and they then post the password to the registered office address.
When completing the Annual Return you will be asked to confirm:
- • Company Name and Registration Number
- • Who the Directors are and their details, such as address (plus company secretary if you have one)
- • What your Company does – this is based on the SIC codes – Standard Industrial Classification – you can use up to 4 codes on the return
- • The Type of Company – private or public, limited by shares or guarantee
- • The Registered Office Address – where your list of shareholders is held
- • If you do not keep your company registers at your registered office address, you will need to confirm where they are held – this is known as the SAIL address – Single Alternative Inspection Location.
- • Indicate if the company has shares by a “statement of capital”, the number and value.
- • Shareholders details
- • Where Information on “debentures” are kept
- • Whether the company has traded in the last 12 months